Salads for Your Memorial Day BBQ
Are you going to do some grilling or barbecuing for Memorial Day? Lots of people are as Memorial Day seems to be the unofficial kickoff to summer.
And, while the burgers, ribs, steaks – or whatever you throw on the grill – may be the star of the show, you want some side dishes that are going to complement the main course.
Luckily, you have lots of choices – and here are a few salad recipes to tempt your taste buds!
- Grilled Corn and Avocado Pasta Salad with Chile-Lime Dressing: This salad from Iowa Girl Eats has grilled corn, pasta, avocados, and a dressing that you’re going to love. It’s a really fresh salad, and while Iowa Girl Eats recommends a type of gluten-free pasta, you can use just about any pasta you like in this recipe.
- Italian Quinoa Salad: Quinoa is a great alternative to pasta, and this Italian Quinoa Salad will have you wondering what other salads you can make using quinoa as the base. Mozzarella, tomatoes, and zucchini are added to this one, but you could also add some diced pepperoni or salami to it!
- Baked Potato Salad: Classic potato salad is often on the dinner table for Memorial Day, but if you want a delicious variation on that salad, try this Baked Potato Salad. All the flavors of a fully-loaded baked potato in a cold salad!
- Caprese Salad: Pick up some of your favorite tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and basil – and you can have this Caprese Salad together in just a few minutes. And be sure to take a look at all of the optional additions you can make! (Adding some pesto sounds like a good idea!)
- Bacon Ranch Macaroni Salad: Here’s a play on traditional macaroni salad that will make everyone happy. Only six ingredients – and one of them is bacon – so what’s not to love?
- Authentic Greek Salad: If you want to make an Authentic Greek Salad cut up some tomatoes, add some bell peppers, Kalamata olives, cucumbers, sliced red onion, and feta cheese – and then top it with a super simple dressing. Its simplicity is what makes it so tasty!
- Layered Taco Salad: Don’t just use your trifle bowl for dessert – use it to make this Layered Taco Salad. Everyone will love the flavors and the ability to see all of the ingredients that make this so delicious!
- Classic Panzanella Salad: This is another delicious Italian salad made with tomatoes, bread, and a few additional ingredients.
- German Potato Salad: If bratwursts are on the menu, why not serve some German Potato Salad, too? It’s different from your typical potato salad in that it’s served warm – but it’s really yummy – and people will definitely be heading back for a second helping once they try it.
- Vinegar Based Coleslaw: While mayo-based coleslaws seem to be the more popular one here in the United States, this Vinegar Based Coleslaw will have you appreciating the tanginess it has! Serve it as a side dish or pile it high on top of some pulled pork sandwiches.
- Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette: Grab some asparagus from the supermarket and make this! And you can feel good about all of the healthy ingredients in this salad.
- Mediterranean Watermelon Salad: Sweet and salty come together with this Mediterranean Watermelon Salad – and you’re going to love the combo!
- Easy Broccoli Salad: Short on time, but want a salad that everyone will enjoy! This is the one to make! It’s a classic – but then again, classics never go out of style!
If you’re ready to get summer underway, why not start by doing some grilling this Memorial Day? And add one or two of these salads to your menu to complete your meal!