Easy to Make Homemade Breads
How are your kitchen skills? Can you throw together a great dinner with just a few ingredients? Or, is baking more your area of expertise? Are you the master of cakes and cookies?
While you may be a wiz in the kitchen, there is often one thing that makes the best chefs and bakers a bit nervous – making homemade bread. It may be a bit intimidating at first, but once you get the hang of it – you may never buy another loaf at the grocery store again.
There are three different types of bread you can make at home: quick bread, yeast bread, and sourdough bread. Quick breads use baking soda or baking powder as the leavening agent. Yeast breads use yeast to make the bread rise and usually require a bit more work than quick breads. Sourdoughs use a sourdough starter as the leavening agent. Sourdoughs usually require the longest time to rise.
If you’ve never made homemade bread before, you might start with the easiest – a quick bread – and work your way up to the most difficult, a sourdough. And there are lots of excellent recipes that can get you started.
- Garlic Cheddar Beer Bread: This is a delicious bread that goes great with soups and chilis. It is packed with flavor and comes together quickly. In fact, you can make this one when you get home from work and have a homemade loaf of bread a little over an hour later.
- Homemade Cheddar Biscuits: Biscuits are a type of quick bread made with baking powder, and they’re great because you make them in perfectly portioned pieces. These will remind you of those biscuits from a famous chain seafood restaurant – only better!
- Cranberry Quick Bread: Cranberries and orange zest bring all the flavor you need when you make this bread at home. It’s moist and delicious and perfect for breakfast! Also, be sure to check out the “The What Else Can I Use In My Loaf?” section for some ways you can spin this basic recipe.
- Easy Banana Nut Bread: Banana bread may be the quintessential of all quick breads. If you’re looking for a way to use up those bananas that may be just a little too ripe, then you need to try this recipe.
- Easy Perfect Yeast Bread: If you’ve never made a yeast bread before, this is a great beginner recipe. It makes two small loaves that are perfect with a slab of butter or some peanut butter and jelly.
- Easy Rosemary Garlic Focaccia Bread: Does your favorite Italian restaurant serve a focaccia bread that you love? Then you definitely need to make this recipe at home. It’s so easy, and you can switch up the flavor by adding different seasonings.
- Honey Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls: These Honey Whole Wheat Dinner Rolls are fantastic!! You and your entire family will enjoy these fresh out of the oven, and they’re the perfect accompaniment with almost any meal.
- Sourdough Starter: You may have friends who bake that have a sourdough starter that they will share with you. But if you don’t, you can easily make your own. It will take a few days to reach its full effectiveness, but it’s worth the effort.
- Easy Sourdough Artisan Bread: Once you have some sourdough starter, make this delicious artisan bread. You’ll love the crust and chewy interior!
- Sourdough Ciabatta: Ciabattas with their delicious crust and their light and airy interior are a favorite of bread lovers. Impress your friends and make your very own with this recipe.
- Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls: Who doesn’t love cinnamon rolls? This recipe has a great dough, a delicious filling, and a glaze that puts the final touch on an amazing breakfast treat!
Don’t be afraid to try your hand at making homemade bread. Whether you make a quick bread, yeast bread, or sourdough, you’ll love the results!