New Year’s Eve Fun at Home
The new year is coming! 2020 is quickly approaching, and that means it’s time to start planning for New Year’s Eve. Are you heading out for a night of dinner and dancing? Are you going to party it up until the ball drops at midnight? Or are you going to celebrate at home?
Don’t dismiss a New Year’s Eve celebration at home. It can be lots of fun to have friends and family over and celebrate the end of the year and the coming of 2020. Need some ideas for a home celebration? Here are a few!
- Dinner Party: Host a dinner party at your place instead of heading out to a crowded restaurant. You could make it a casual potluck or a nice sit-down dinner where everyone gets dressed up. Spend some time planning who you’d like to come and decide on a menu and work from there!
- Game Night: A game night is always a good time – and is great for kids and adults alike. Video games, board games, and card games are all good choices. You can serve fun food and drinks and have a great time! If you’re looking for some fun games to play – check out Jackbox Games! They have a lot of game packs to choose from – and the games are hilarious!
- Costume Party: Who says that Halloween is the only time of year that you can wear a costume? Why not have a costume party for New Year’s Eve? You can choose a theme and ask everyone to dress according to the theme. Decorate your place to fit the theme and serve food and drinks that go along with it, too!
- Movie Night: Everyone loves a good movie night – and New Year’s Eve is no exception. Cozy up on the couch with some good friends and warm blankets, pop some popcorn, and binge on some good films. If you’re looking for a list of movies to watch – here’s an excellent list to spark some ideas.
- Progressive Dinner: Do you have some nearby friends who are looking for ideas to celebrate New Year’s Eve? Then plan a progressive dinner. With a progressive dinner, you go to different people’s homes for the various courses. Start one place for appetizers. Another home for soup and salad. Then a different house for the main course. Finally, dessert and drinks at another. It’s a great way to share the work – and enjoy a delicious meal.
- Karaoke: Yes! Get ready to sing when you plan a karaoke party for New Year’s Eve! You’ll be surprised how fun this can be once people get over their stage fright. Don’t have a karaoke machine? No worries – order one before the holiday!
- Murder Mystery Party: You can host your very own murder mystery party at your place! There are lots of kits available to purchase online, and then you just need to invite some people over to help you solve the case!
- BYOA: You’ve probably heard of a BYOB party, but a BYOA – Bring Your Own Appetizer party is a great way to go for the holiday. Everyone brings their favorite appetizer, and then you get to spend the night enjoying all of the different foods. YUM!
New Year’s Eve doesn’t have to mean a night out in a crowded bar or restaurant. You can celebrate the coming of 2020 at home and still have lots of fun! Just get your friends and family together and plan for an awesome evening at your place.