7 Things to do Right Now To Get Excited About Fall!
Are you ready for fall this year? It’s been a hot and humid summer, and fall is looking more attractive than ever. You can almost smell the pumpkin and cinnamon now! Make your apartment season ready by gearing up for Fall now. Here are seven things you can do right now to get excited for Fall!
- Get New Fall Decorations: Make every part of your house look like the autumn leaves outside. Switch out your bed sheets for a rich, jewel-toned color like plum, navy, or burnt orange. Have accent throw pillows that bring out all of the colors of fall to make your bed look like an autumn hideaway. Set little autumn inspired trinkets out on the countertops, and switch out the towels for a fall twist. You can even switch out the oven mits for a fall-themed pair. Everywhere you go in your house should remind you that fall is here!
- Fall Scented Candles: Don’t just let it look like fall–make it smell like fall, too! From the clean, crisp air, to the cinnamon rolls baking in the oven, make your entire house take over the senses with candle scents of fall. If you feel like putting your own personal touch on your candles, then make your own! Try out Wax & Wine in Philly for a unique night out that lets you craft your very own scents.
- Pumpkin Bread: Bake up a batch of pumpkin bread to enjoy with a rich cup of coffee in the morning, or have it as a sweet treat after dinner. Here is a great recipe to try!
- Apple Picking Trip: The best time to go apple picking near Marlton NJ is from the middle of September to the beginning of October. You can find tons of places to pick apples in New Jersey. There are spots in Morristown, Princeton, Chester and more. Click here for the full list of apple farms in the NJ area.
- Stay at a Cabin In The Woods: Nothing says fall like seeing the trees starting to turn while you are in the mountains. It’s a magical place to be, and everything is bursting with color. The air is a little thinner, the days are still warm, and the nights are cool. It’s the perfect time to pack up and go hiking, or relax on the porch with some hot tea.
- Make Homemade Caramel Apples: One of the best things about fall? All of the delicious treats you get to eat! First, you’ll need some of your favorite apples. Then, you can whip up your own caramel with a few simple ingredients in a saucepan. Coat your apples in the caramel, and roll them in any extra topping that you’d like, such as almond slivers or M&M’s!
- Make An Autumn Door Hanger: Put a personal touch on your door with a handmade door hanger. Go to your local craft store and find a wreath or wooden frame that you like. Then, decorate it with paint, plastic fall leaves and flowers. After you’ve made it just as you like it, hang it up for everyone to enjoy.
Squeeze in every last ounce of fall joy by decking your house out in fall fashion. Bring out the sweater, get new cozy blankets, and pop on some classic horror films to get into the fall mood.