Storage Tips and Tricks
Living in an apartment doesn’t mean that you have to give up storage. Get creative with your space and find new ways to keep the items you use everyday. Small spaces need to have some organization to keep them neat and tidy. A fast way to make a space look small is to have clutter. Eliminate clutter with these storage tips and tricks.
- Italian Lift Bed: Add extra space in your apartment without having to crawl on the floor. The Italian Lift bed has a hinge at the head of the bed that lifts the foot of the bed up. You can easily store and find items when you need them. It’s a great place to keep winter clothes during the winter, seasonal decorations, and other items that aren’t used everyday. You can keep old keepsakes, blankets, and valuables that you don’t want out in the open.
- Room Divider with Storage: Your living room is one of the most used rooms in the apartment. You want everything you need within arms reach, but at the same time, you don’t want it to be a cluttered mess. Keep things sleek by adding in a room divider that has added storage. Keep books, candles, games, and more in a stylish location that adds to the room instead of taking away from the design.
- Door Hanging Storage: Door hanging storage is a great way to maximize your space without sacrificing style. You can use this trick anywhere in the house. Behind cabinets, in the bathroom, in the pantry, etc. It’s fast and easy to add a door hanger to keep all of your necessary supplies. Store shoes in the bedroom, keep spices neat in the kitchen, and store cleaning supplies up and out of the way on the closet door.
- Nesting Tables: You want to have a kitchen table, a coffee table, and end tables, but your space may not allow for that much furniture out at once. One of the best ways to solve this problem is to have nesting tables. Keep them tucked into each other when they aren’t in use, and pull them out when needed.
- Vertical Space: When you don’t have lots of space horizontally, start looking upward. Add shelving to create a larger storage area for you to keep things. You can keep a decorative look to the shelves, while adding functionality to your space. The higher the better. Layer shelving to maximize your wall space.
- Decorative Baskets: To avoid things looking cluttered, keep small things in decorative storage baskets. Keep the look uniform by choosing one or two styles of baskets to store your things. You can use this technique in any room of the house. Keep small hair accessories in one spot within cabinet baskets, and keep your throw blankets neatly stacked in a larger woven basket.
Use all of these techniques to keep your space organized and tidy with everything that you need at your fingertips. Keep your cabinets organized all the way to your shelving, and it’ll provide you with enough storage to spare. It keeps things fresh and funky when you get creative with your space.