Salads, Salads, and More Salads
Salads are a delicious part of any meal – or even a meal in themselves. But do you find that you’re always throwing the same salad ingredients into a bowl? Are you eating the same salad day in and day out? If that’s the case, salads can become really boring.
But there are so many salads out there that there’s no need to serve the same one each night. Here are some salads that will make for a great side dish or even a main course – and they’re all delicious.
- Chicken Avocado Caprese Salad: A Caprese salad is an Italian classic, but this one with chicken and avocado makes it a meal. The marinade for your chicken also acts as your dressing – which is a nice two-for-one combination. Be sure to check your favorite grocery store for the bocconcini cheese balls – they make the salad!
- Best Ever Tropical Fruit Salad: Fruit salads don’t seem to get the respect they deserve. Maybe because it’s often just cut up fruit thrown into a bowl. This one will change your mind because of the delicious dressing made with citrus juices, honey, and poppy seeds. And while this recipe suggests using tropical fruits, you can use this dressing on any fruits that you like.
- Italian Quinoa Salad: Quinoa is a grain that can be served either hot or cold, and in this salad, it’s cold. With lots of fresh vegetables and herbs and a fabulous lemon garlic vinaigrette, you’ll be making this one again and again. And, you could easily add cooked chicken or shrimp to this or even some Italian meats such as salami, soppressata, or prosciutto.
- Deb’s Kale Salad with Apple, Cranberries, and Pecans: Kale sometimes gets a bad rap. After all, it seemed like everyone had a kale salad on their menu a few years back. But don’t let that stop you from making this one at home. It has a touch of sweet with the addition of apples and cranberries and some tanginess from the goat cheese and homemade dressing.
- Mexican Pasta Salad: This is a beautiful pasta salad that contains lots of tasty ingredients. But the star of the show is the creamy dressing. Made with yogurt and various spices – you’ll love how easy it is to make! And healthy, too!
- My Favorite Apple Spinach Salad: This is a wonderful salad to serve with just about any main course you can think of! Baby spinach, apples, red onion, walnuts, dried cranberries, and goat cheese make up the salad. And, there’s a champagne vinaigrette that is totally worth making!
- Traditional Chicken Salad: Serve this chicken salad on your favorite bread, in an avocado, or on a bed of lettuce. It comes together quickly, and you can easily substitute different nuts or fruit to make it work for you and your family.
- Nicoise Salad: This salad is definitely a meal and takes some time to prep as it has a lot of components, but once you taste it, you’ll know why the French love it! It’s healthy and delicious – and the vinaigrette has a ton of fresh herbs – which pack in the flavor!
- Greek Salad: Who doesn’t love a good Greek salad? This one from Ina Garten has all of the ingredients you expect in a Greek salad and a simple dressing to top it!
- Cobb Salad: Cobb salads have it all! Bacon, hard-boiled eggs, avocado, blue cheese, and chicken are just a few of the ingredients. It’s both a salad and a meal!
What are your favorite salads? Do you prefer them as a side dish or as your main meal? Have you tried one of these? Be sure to tell us what you think!