Labor Day Cookout Recipes
As summer comes to a close, it’s time to celebrate Labor Day. This federal holiday is celebrated on the first Monday in September to honor and recognize the American labor movement and all of the hard work that American laborers have done to help develop the United States.
And, while a long weekend and a day off work are fantastic, a Labor Day cookout to end the summer makes it even better. But what to have? If you are in need of a few new recipes – here are some to check out! Everything from a refreshing cocktail to dessert!
- Grilled Ranch Potatoes: Pick up some skewers and make these delicious Grilled Ranch Potatoes. They’re very easy to throw together and allow everyone to grab one and go. You only need a few simple ingredients – which you might already have at home.
- Grilled Mexican Street Corn: Sweet corn is still plentiful and may actually be at the peak of flavor near Labor Day – so why not make some Grilled Mexican Sweet Corn? The flavors are perfect and will go with just about anything you might throw on the grill.
- Grilled Pineapple Barbecue Chicken: Looking for a sweet and savory main course for Labor Day? Then here’s the answer – Grilled Pineapple Barbecue Chicken. Pair it with some grilled vegetables or a cold salad, and you’ll have a delicious dinner.
- Grilled Sriracha Salmon: Salmon is fantastic when grilled, and this recipe kicks it up a bit with a sriracha chili sauce that you’ll love – if you like a little heat. Be sure to let your salmon marinate for 30 minutes, so it has time to absorb some of the sauce’s flavors.
- Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil: What do you do if it’s going to rain on your cookout? How about making this Sheet Pan Shrimp Boil? So easy and with very little mess to clean up (as you make it all on one pan) – you’ll be enjoying an end of the summer feast with this recipe.
- Pimento Cheese and Hot Ham Sliders: This is a great dish as it could be an appetizer/snack or a fun, little, hand-held meal. (Also great for kids if you’re serving a main course that they may not be so keen on!) And yes, you’ll be making your own pimento cheese – but it’s not that hard to do!
- BLT Pasta Salad: Of course, you need some sides for your Labor Day cookout, and this BLT Pasta Salad is a fantastic change from your traditional pasta salad with Italian dressing. All of your favorite BLT flavors – without the bread.
- Classic Panzanella Salad: Fresh tomatoes, crunchy bread cubes, and a tasty vinaigrette will have you reaching for a second helping of this Classic Panzanella Salad. And if you’re not growing your own basil – give it a try. It’s a great herb to grow at home!
- Watermelon Salad with Feta and Cucumber: Another great salad that incorporates one of the summer’s most beloved fruits – watermelon – is this Watermelon Salad with Feta and Cucumber. You may think this sounds like a strange combination – but these things all really work together.
- Banana Split Fruit Kebabs: Now don’t forget about dessert for your cookout! These kebabs are another great grab-n-go dessert – and everyone is going to love them!
- Frozen Lemonade Pie: If it’s going to be a hot Labor Day, you may want a cool and refreshing dessert. It doesn’t get more cool and refreshing than this Frozen Lemonade Pie.
- Blueberry Lemonade Margaritas: And you might want a signature cocktail for your cookout – so, try these Blueberry Lemonade Margaritas. Definitely worth the effort!
What’s on your menu for Labor Day this year? Do you have a family-favorite you’re making, or will you be trying one of these recipes?