Are you running around humming, “It’s the most wonderful time of the year…”? If the answer is yes, then you probably love everything that the holiday season brings. The decorations. The presents. The food and drinks.
Of course, if consuming holiday foods and drinks is at the top of your list – then you are in luck. There is no shortage of great holiday specialties that come around at this time of year. And while the cookies and sweets may get all the attention, there are some really great drinks you should try, too.
This year, why not try one of these drinks to make the holidays extra special? You may soon have a new beverage to add to the holiday traditions.
- Easy Grinch Punch: This punch is just as green as the Grinch is – and the kids will love it! Make a big batch in your grandma’s punch bowl and let the kids enjoy this take on a sherbet punch.
- Cranberry Mimosa (Poinsettia): Christmas breakfast or brunch calls for mimosas! And, while you can never go wrong with a traditional mimosa made with orange juice, give this one a try! With its red color, it’s definitely festive – and a nice change!
- Peppermintini: Peppermint is certainly a popular flavor during the holidays, and this Peppermintini is sure to be a hit when you make it. The crushed candy canes around the rim are a fantastic touch!
- White Christmas Margarita: Whoever said that margaritas are a summertime drink is…totally wrong. This White Christmas Margarita has a tropical twist to it – and you’re going to love it!
- White Russian: This is not specifically a holiday drink – but you should bring it out around the holidays. It’s so delicious – and so easy to make!
- Jack Frost Cocktail: Can you really resist trying a blue cocktail? No, definitely not. This Jack Frost Cocktail is an icy shade of blue with a tropical taste to it – which makes it rather surprising when you take a sip!
- Mistletoe Mules: Grab those Moscow Mule cups and use them this holiday season for Mistletoe Mules. Ginger beer, vodka, lime juice, pomegranate seeds, and a candy cane make this a tasty and pretty drink for the holidays.
- Mulled Wine: Mulled wine is another traditional holiday beverage. This recipe has a great selection of spices in it and will have your entire home smelling like Christmas.
- Homemade Eggnog: Sure, you can buy eggnog in the store, but if you’re feeling adventurous – make it at home. It’s rich, thick, and creamy – and you’re sure to find yourself reaching for a second glass.
- Milk-and-Cookie Shots: These are just plain fun! The kids can fill them up with milk before eating their “glass,” and the adults can fill them with spiked eggnog!
- Simple Rumchata Hot Chocolate: So simple – and so amazing! Rumchata and hot chocolate are a dynamic duo – and are sure to warm you up!
- Hot Buttered Rum: This is the ideal drink to make after spending some time outdoors as it will warm you up! And you probably have most of the ingredients in your frog and pantry.
- Best Irish Coffee: Kate from “Cookie + Kate” shares her Irish coffee recipe – which is a great recipe to have. While it’s quite traditional, there is one twist that makes it unique – maple syrup! And it’s a tasty twist, for sure!
- Gingerbread Cookie Cocktail: Gingerbread is a quintessential holiday flavor – so it only makes sense that there’s a cocktail with similar flavors. This is a great drink to serve with dessert or after dinner – as dessert!
This year, include some special drinks while celebrating the holidays! Whether it’s a special hot chocolate, a punch for the kids, or a seasonal martini, there are some great recipes that will make your celebration a little more festive this year!