Want to Start a Container Garden? These Books Can Help!
Are you looking for a new hobby? Want to grow some flowers or vegetables all while making use of your balcony? Then a container garden is the way to go!
Of course, if you don’t know much about container gardening, you may be looking for some resources to help. You’re in luck as there are many books available to help you get started! Here are a few to check out!
- Container Gardening For Beginners: A Guide to Growing Your Own Vegetables, Fruits, Herbs, and Edible Flowers
- Whether you’re on a budget, live in a small space, or simply want to raise a new plant or two, container gardening is a practical method for urban and suburban gardeners alike. Container Gardening for Beginners is packed with information and advice for using different types of containers to grow your own vegetables, herbs, fruits, and flowers.
- Learn how to get started, from gathering the tools you’ll need to choose the right container and soil mix. Once you’ve covered the basics, you’ll get advice on what you should plant and when, when to water and how, and finally, how you can successfully grow and harvest your crop.
- Container Gardening for Beginners includes:
- Step-by-step guidance―Find detailed gardening guidance from start to finish, including things to know before you grow, how to start seeds, plant care and maintenance tips, and how to tell when your crop is ripe.
- Basic best practices―Grow happy, healthy plants with expert gardening insights to set you up for success, from making sure your container is properly sized to regularly fertilizing your soil.
- Illustrated plant profiles―Choose the right plants for you with info on the particular needs and characteristics of 30 different fruits, vegetables, herbs, and flowers.
- Start and sustain a flourishing container garden with help from the practical advice in Container Gardening for Beginners.
- The Vegetable Gardener’s Container Bible: How to Grow a Bounty of Food in Pots, Tubs, and Other Containers
- Harvest tomatoes on a patio, produce a pumpkin in a planter, and grow broccoli on a balcony! Best-selling author Ed Smith shows you everything you need to know to successfully create and care for an edible container garden, from choosing the right plants and selecting appropriate containers through controlling pests without chemicals and harvesting fresh vegetables. You’ll discover that container gardening is an easy and fun way to enjoy summer’s bounty in even the smallest of growing spaces.
- Container Gardens: Over 200 Fresh Ideas for Indoor and Outdoor Inspired Plantings
- Lack of space? Lack of time? No gardening experience? Need inspiration? No matter the issue, Southern Living magazine has the answer so that anyone can have a beautiful garden year-round using the brand’s newest book on container gardening. Container Gardens is a smart and sensible guide filled with beautiful, inspirational images that covers the basics for the beginner while sharing a wide array of ideas for the experienced gardener. There are step-by-step techniques and tips on planting and care for indoor and outdoor spaces, including ‘container recipes’ that share the exact plant combinations used so readers can recreate the look at home. This book also shows how containers can be used around the home and garden to create unique boundaries, break up wall space, and soften edges. With the flexibility of gardening year-round no matter the size of the space, container gardening has become a national trend and Southern Living has created the ultimate guide to doing it right.
- Field Guide to Urban Gardening: How to Grow Plants, No Matter Where You Live: Raised Beds • Vertical Gardening • Indoor Edibles • Balconies and Rooftops • Hydroponics
- If you think it’s impossible to grow your own food because you don’t have a large yard or you live in the city…think again. There are a plethora of urban gardening options to create beautiful, productive edible gardens no matter where you live. The key to succeeding as an urban gardener is to choose the method(s) that make sense for your unique living situation and then give your plants what they need to thrive. Kevin helps you do just that.
- But he doesn’t stop there. He also provides in-depth garden plans, from upcycled DIY projects and intensive hydroponic systems to beautiful and functional raised beds. Urban gardening is a real, growing, and important movement in today’s world. This fact-packed book is your roadmap to get growing today.
- Urban gardening techniques featured include:
- Container Gardening
- Raised Beds
- Indoor Edibles
- Balconies and Rooftops
As you look ahead to spring, consider planning for a container garden. Whether you want flowers, herbs, or vegetables, container gardening is a great way to bring some life to your balcony – and these books can help you make it happen.
***All book descriptions courtesy of Amazon