Vegan Recipes to Try – Even If You’re Not Vegan
Veganism around the globe is increasing. And people choose to go vegan for all sorts of reasons. For their health, for the animals, and for the planet are just some of the reasons that people give for adopting a vegan diet.
With the rise in the number of vegans, vegan restaurants are also growing in popularity, and there are tons of vegan recipes available on the internet. If you are vegan, have friends who follow a vegan diet, or you’ve been curious to try some vegan recipes, here are several nice ones that you can prepare at home.
- Vegan Garlic Alfredo Sauce: This simple, but tasty alfredo sauce will be the perfect topping for your favorite pasta. Cashews help to provide the creaminess you expect in an alfredo sauce without dairy. And of course, the infusion of lots of garlic brings it tons of flavor.
- Slow Cooker Cuban Black Bean Chili: When it comes to hearty dishes packed with flavor, chilis definitely fit the description. Black beans plus all of the spices make this a meal everyone will love. This is an excellent meal for football season!
- Healthy Bolognese Sauce: A good Bolognese recipe can be used in many Italian recipes, and this is a good one. With many of the classic elements from a traditional Bolognese recipe plus the addition of some ingredients to keep the recipe vegan, you’ll be using this sauce for all of your pasta needs.
- Tofu Pad Thai: Pad Thai usually contains tofu – so why not forgo the chicken or shrimp and make the entire dish vegan? You’ll love all the flavors of southeast Asia in this dish and how quick it comes together! It makes for a great weeknight meal without the need to pick up takeout.
- Lemon Mushroom Orzo: Orzo is a tiny pasta that looks like grains of rice, and this recipe makes for a fantastic side dish. Mushrooms and lemon add depth of flavor, and this dish can be served warm or cold. So maybe serve it warm with dinner and then have some delicious leftovers for lunch the next day.
- Vegan Pancakes: Don’t forget about breakfast if you want to try your hand at preparing some vegan recipes. These vegan pancakes are fluffy and flavorful!
- Vegan Baklava: Baklava is time-consuming to make, but so worth it when you’ve finished. This vegan baklava uses both pistachios and walnuts, and tons of spices to bring you all the flavors of this traditional Greek dessert.
- Vegan Butter Cauliflower: Are you a fan of Butter Chicken? Then maybe you can give Vegan Butter Cauliflower a try. Vegan butter is substituted here, and cashews add the creaminess you expect in this recipe. All of your traditional Indian spices make this the dish you know and love.
- Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites: Need a vegan appetizer or snack for the big game? Then try these! The coating makes your cauliflower crispy, and the buffalo sauce brings the heat!
- Crowd-Pleasing Vegan Caesar Salad: Caesar salad gets a vegan makeover with this recipe. From the croutons to the dressing to the “cheese,” you can learn to make a delicious salad that everyone will love!
Which recipe are you going to try first? Don’t be afraid to give some of these vegan recipes a try – even if you’re not vegan. You may find that you love the flavor and they’ll become a regular part of your weekly menu.