Spots in Toms River for Coffee and Breakfast
“I think it’s important to start the day with a proper breakfast.” – Hanneli Mustaparta
Do you feel the same way? Is breakfast your favorite meal of the day? Do you just love to go out and grab some breakfast or coffee?
Then you must love living in Toms River because there are plenty of spots you can head to! From hot cups of coffee to warm and fluffy pancakes to some tasty egg dishes, Toms River has it all!
If you’re looking to support one of your local restaurants at breakfast time, here are a few places you can try!
- Roots Lounge: Roots Lounge is located on Hinds Road and is known for its organic, vegetarian, and vegan fare. At breakfast, you’ll find their menu is filled with breakfast sandwiches, omelettes, benedicts, and more! They also have delicious coffee, fresh-squeezed juices, and smoothies if that’s how you like to start your day.
- C&G’s Country Cafe: If you love fresh ingredients, then C&G’s Country Cafe is the place to be! Try the Caramel Latte Pancakes or the Homemade Jalapeno Cheddar Biscuit – and you won’t be sorry!
- Fast Break: This is what Fast Break has to say about their place: We are the most eclectic family-owned and operated diner in Toms River. We have a unique atmosphere blending a mix of the classic 50’s diner with a modern curve of art from local artists and thrift shop finds. Our food has reached a cult level following from locals and tourists coming down to the shore. And with a huge menu, even the pickiest of eaters will find something they love!
- Cool Beans: You’ll have to wait until a little later in your morning to hit Cool Beans, but for coffee lovers, it’s worth the wait! Plus, they have a great menu for lunch and dinner!
- Bubby’s Beanery: Bubby’s Beanery has a great selection of coffees, including “pourover” coffees! They also have cold-brewed teas, hot chocolate, some delicious breakfast sandwiches like the “Tu Bacon Me Loco,” and fresh-baked pastries. YUMMY!
- Playa Bowls: Fans of açai and pitaya bowls must go to Playa Bowls! With all sorts of bowls, smoothies, and juices – breakfast has never been healthier! (And they have poke bowls if you want to head there for lunch.)
- A Thyme for All Seasons: They open at 8 a.m., and you better get there early if you want to grab one of their famous muffins! (You can take a look at some of their pictures on Facebook!)
- Ocean Organics Cafe: Herbals teas, smoothies, smoothie bowls, coffee, and lots of other delicious items are on the menu at Ocean Organics Cafe. They’ve been around since 2013 and continue to deliver tasty organic food.
- Four Seasons Diner: While they may be known for their pancakes, Four Seasons Diner has a lot of breakfast treats that will make your mouth happy. Stuffed French Toast and the Italiano Benny should be on your list to try!
- Revolutionary Lounge and Cafe: If you like breakfast at non-breakfast times of day, the Revolutionary Lounge and Cafe can help you out. Order the DeVito if you like the combination of sweet and savory or, perhaps, the Jersey Frittata if you want scrambled eggs, roasted potatoes, pork roll, spinach, tomato, and sweet onion.
- All Star Bagel: Who doesn’t love a good bagel? All Star Bagel has the flavors you love, along with some specialty breakfasts and breakfast sandwiches.
Where do you head for breakfast when you want to eat out? Is your favorite on this list – or is there another place that should be added? No matter where you like to eat breakfast, Toms River is lucky to have so many great places!