Put Your Slow Cooker to Work
Is your slow cooker in a cupboard somewhere and not getting the use it deserves? Then it’s time to dig it out! January is National Slow Cooker Month (yes, it’s a real thing) – and if you haven’t been using your slow cooker as much as you’d like – this is the month to do so.
Slow cookers have been around for a while, and they have a ton of benefits:
- You can set it and forget it before you leave for work and come home to a hot meal
- Easy clean up as you often just dump all of your ingredients for a complete meal into the slow cooker
- A slow cooker can help tenderize less expensive cuts of meat due to the extended cook time
- The longer cook time also tends to bring out more of the flavors in your food
- A slow cooker does not use as much electricity as your oven
Are you ready to get cooking? Here are some slow cooker recipes you may want to try!
- Slow Cooker Beef Bourguignon: This classic French dish is perfect for the winter months. It’s warm and comforting, and you’ll love how tender the meat turns out. Plus, it has all of your veggies and a delicious sauce!
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken: This chicken dish is both sweet and spicy and cooks up so well in your slow cooker that you’ll be making it over and over again. Serve it with some steamed broccoli and brown rice.
- Crock Pot Bourbon Chicken: This is another flavorful chicken dish that could be served over rice, or grab some rolls and make it into a sandwich.
- Slow Cooker Chili: If there was ever a dish that should be made in a slow cooker – it’s chili. And, while everyone seems to have a chili recipe they love or a few additional ingredients that they add to their recipe, this is a great recipe to get you started. Use this recipe as your base and adjust to fit your tastes. (If you’ve never added smoked kielbasa to your chili – give it a try!)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala: Do you only eat Chicken Marsala when you’re out to eat? Well, no more! Make it in your slow cooker! Your slow cooker will create a fabulous sauce for you to pour on your chicken and mushrooms – and over some mashed potatoes (should you be so inclined)
- Easiest Salsa Verde Chicken: When Skinnytaste entitled this recipe “Easiest Salsa Verde Chicken,” – they weren’t kidding! Just throw the ingredients in the slow cooker and walk away. You can use this chicken for tacos, burritos, or rice bowls – and everyone will love it.
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs: Do you think of ribs as a summertime dish? Well, if you’ve been craving them during the winter months, give this slow cooker recipe a try. They will be fall-off-the-bone tender!
- Slow Cooker Butter Chicken: Grab the rice and the naan, and make this recipe when you need some tasty Indian food and don’t want to do takeout. The slow cooker really helps the flavors develop!
- Slow Cooker Pesto Chicken Risotto: Risotto is a pain to make on the stovetop – but you won’t think it’s such a pain when you make it in your slow cooker. This one doesn’t even have to be stirred until you’re ready to eat!
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti and Meatballs: Even spaghetti and meatballs can be made in your slow cooker. You actually cook the pasta right in your sauce – so there’s no need to dirty an extra pot. Toast up some garlic bread and make a salad and you are set!
When the weather gets cold, warm up your kitchen with these delicious slow cooker recipes. Which ones are you looking forward to trying?