5 Towns in New England to Visit This Fall
If you’re looking for an autumn getaway, look no further than New England. These five towns are perfect for leaf-peeping, pumpkin picking, and enjoying the crisp autumn air. So bundle up and get ready for a wonderful time in New England!
- Boston, Massachusetts: There’s something about autumn in New England that is unlike anywhere else in the world. Maybe it’s the crisp air, the changing leaves, or the cozy fires burning in the fireplace. Whatever it is, there’s no denying that Boston is a magical place to be during the fall months. The best way to experience all that the city has to offer is to take a leisurely stroll through the historic neighborhoods. Start in Beacon Hill, with its quaint brick houses and gas lanterns. Then head over to the North End, where you can wander the narrow streets and stop for a bite of authentic Italian food. Of course, no visit to Boston would be complete without taking in the stunning views from atop the Skywalk Observatory at Prudential Center. With its array of shops and restaurants, there’s something for everyone in Boston.
- Manchester, Vermont: Autumn is a beautiful time of year to visit Manchester, Vermont. The leaves of the trees change color, providing a stunning backdrop for hiking and other outdoor activities. The air is cool, making it the perfect time to enjoy all that Manchester has to offer. There are plenty of shops and restaurants to explore, as well as a variety of scenic places to visit. Leaf peeping is a must-do activity in Manchester, and there are plenty of opportunities to do so. In addition, Manchester is home to a number of festivals and events that take place in autumn, including the Manchester Autumn Festival and the Vermont Pumpkin Carving Festival. So whether you’re looking for a relaxing getaway or an exciting adventure, be sure to include Manchester on your list of places to visit.
- Bar Harbor, Maine: Fall is the perfect time to visit Bar Harbor, Maine. The leaves are turning, the air is refreshing, and the crowds have thinned out after the busy summer season. Bar Harbor is located on Mount Desert Island, and fall is a great time to explore the island’s hiking trails and scenic vistas. Be sure to pack your camera, as the island is home to some of the most beautiful fall foliage in New England. Bar Harbor is also a foodie paradise, with a variety of seafood restaurants and farmer’s markets serving up fresh, local produce. And, of course, no visit to Bar Harbor would be complete without taking a boat ride out to see the amazing puffins that make their home on nearby islands. So whether you’re looking for breathtaking views or delicious food, make sure to put Bar Harbor on your list for a fall getaway.
- Mystic, Connecticut: Mystic, Connecticut, is a beautiful town to visit in the fall as there are many things to do this time of year, including going on a scenic boat ride, visiting the Mystic Aquarium, or exploring the town’s historic districts. You can also just enjoy walking around and taking in the sights and sounds of fall.
- Moultonborough, New Hampshire: Moultonborough is a beautiful town in New Hampshire that is especially lovely in the fall. Of course, the changing leaves and cooler temperatures make it the perfect time to go for a hike or a drive through the countryside. But, there are also several fun festivals and events that take place in the fall, including the Applefest and the Pumpkin Festival. And, be sure to visit one of the many apple orchards in the area!
The leaves are changing color, the air is getting cooler, and pumpkin spice everything is back in stores. That can only mean one thing—autumn has arrived! If you’re looking for a beautiful place to take a fall road trip, check out this list of five towns in New England that are worth visiting this autumn. From charming small towns to bustling Boston, there’s something for everyone on this list.