4 Books That Will Help You Set Great Goals
With 2022 quickly approaching you may be looking ahead to the new year and coming up with some goals. Maybe there are some things you want to accomplish at work or at home. Perhaps you have some fitness goals or ideas for a new career.
Whatever you have planned for the new year, you might need some help establishing your goals and coming up with a plan that’s going to help you achieve them. Luckily, there are tons of fantastic books out there that can do just that!
- Creating Your Best Life: The Ultimate Life List Guide by Caroline Adams Miller
- Creating Your Best Life is the only research-based book on the topic of goals and happiness, and it has found receptive audiences worldwide. Filled with interactive exercises and quizzes, it helps readers set and accomplish life list goals and understand the link between goal accomplishment and happiness, also known as Positive Psychology. In a step-by-step fashion, the book teaches readers how to coach themselves on how to set goals in 16 life domains, as well as take control of their environment to maximize their chances of success.
- Your Best Year Ever: A 5-Step Plan for Achieving Your Most Important Goals by Michael Hyatt
- We all want to live a life that matters. We all want to reach our full potential. But too often we find ourselves overwhelmed by the day-to-day. Our big goals get pushed to the back burner–and then, more often than not, they get forgotten. New York Times bestselling author Michael Hyatt wants readers to know that it doesn’t have to be this way. In fact, he thinks that this is the year readers can finally close the gap between reality and their dreams.
- In Your Best Year Ever, Hyatt shares a powerful, proven, research-driven system for setting and achieving goals. Readers learn how to design their best year ever in just five hours
- Three simple ways to triple the likelihood of achieving their goals
- how to quit-proof their goals
- what to do when they feel stuck
- and much more
- Anyone who is tired of not seeing progress in their personal, intellectual, business, relationship, or financial goals will treasure the field-tested wisdom found in these pages.
- The Desire Map Experience: A Guide to Creating Goals with Soul by Danielle LaPorte
- How do you feel about setting goals?
- I’ve heard people say they feel energized, depressed, confused, terrified, pumped, ambivalent, lost…or all of the above. Here’s what I’ve realized: Our relationship to success is inside-out. When we make our New Year’s resolutions, bucket lists, big plans, or weekly to-dos, we’re hoping that when we “arrive” we’ll be fulfilled. Our hearts will swell as we cross the finish line, and then we can finally relax and savor our happiness. Except more often than not, that doesn’t happen. Even when we meet our objectives, we wonder if we aimed too low, or took too long, or if we could have done it better. And when we fall short, we come down on ourselves like a ton of bricks. So we make the next goal, hoping it’ll give us everything the last one didn’t.
- It’s a self-defeating cycle that’s burning us out. How do we change it?
- Here’s the whole cosmic, life-liberating revelation:
- You’re not actually chasing the goal. You’re chasing the feeling that you hope attaining the goal will give you.
- Every craving, aspiration, or goal you have – from what you eat, wear, and own, to all the things you want to create or do – is driven by a desire to feel a certain way. That’s it. And that’s where the Desire Map process starts. In The Desire Map Experience, I’ll share a process that you’ll use to transform the way you relate to every aspect of your life. It’s not about learning a new time-budgeting method, filling out a questionnaire, or making another list to stick on your fridge. Instead, you’ll get crystal clear about how you want to feel about everything you do. The Desire Map is holistic life planning. Here’s how it works:
- We’ll uncover your core desired feelings – they’ll be your new North Star for living a soul-centered life
- You’ll learn how to identify expectations you’ve picked up from your parents, the Joneses, the media, or the imaginary “they” you’re always trying to impress
- We’ll use guided reflections to go deep into what your soul is trying to tell you through your core desired feelings
- I’ll show you how to tune into critical signals from your instincts, your body, and the people around you
- We’ll apply Desire Mapping to all the major areas of your life – livelihood & lifestyle, body & wellness, creativity & learning, relationships & society, and essence & spirituality
- You’ll learn how to create practical plans with daily, weekly, and monthly actions that will bring more and more of your core desired feelings into your life
- I’ll be sharing poetry, stories, and inspirational truths to help you stay in touch with the sweetness of life
- You’ll make this process your own. It’s not a one-size-fits-all deal. You’ll create your Desire Map in the way that lets your soul speak loud and clear in every day of your life.
- Feeling good along the way to your goals doesn’t mean you won’t need to work your ass off – but when you do, you’ll do the work joyously. You’ll be creating goals that are life-affirming, nourishing, practical, forgiving, and true to who you are.
- The Art of Setting Smart Goals: Set Winning Goals and Live a Life of Abundance, Success, and Achievement by Anisa Marku
- Have you ever thought of how your life would change, if you accomplished something really important?
- We all have the desire to change, improve, and create a better life for ourselves, but all too often our fears and doubts hold us back.
- There is always room for improvement and growth as an individual no matter your background, circumstances or challenges you are facing.
- In this book, I explain what smart goals are, why they are important/beneficial to your long-term success and provide a simple guide on how to set them up.
No matter what your goals are for 2022, the time to start thinking about them is now! Take a look at these books to help you establish a plan and brings your goals to reality in the new year.